Two more weeks until my due date!! I had another of my weekly appointments this week. I'm about 60% effaced and a centimeter dilated, so a little progress, but not too much. Either way - it could be any day now or three weeks away (my doctor said they wouldn't let me go over a week late, give or take a few days). She did say that his head had dropped a good amount since last week, and as far as I'm concerned, any progress is good news! Now that the room is ready, our bags are packed, and he has reached the desired 38 weeks, I'm ok with him coming any day now. Especially with the news that we will be having over 100 degree weather this week, with heat indexes over 110 - YIKES!
Joey and I were able to spend a nice relaxing weekend at home, just the two of us. It was kind of ironic, but we were bored. Joey kept mentioning how he was ready for Caleb to come, and we both can't get over how quick this has gone. It seems like yesterday we were taking the test. Either way, I think we are both ready to meet little Caleb.
We have a family "baby pool" going with everyone guessing birthday, weight, length, AM/PM, and if he will have hair. I have the earliest guess for birthday with August 9th, and I think either Nick or Kayla have the latest with August 18th. Weights and length are all over the board, but ranging between low 7 and mid 8 pounds, and 18-22 inches. AM/PM are split pretty evenly, and everyone but Gram thinks he will have hair. Anyone care to register any guesses?
As far as Caleb, here is where we are this week:
Your baby weighs about 6½ pounds and is around 19 or 20 inches long—as long as a duffle bag (in case you needed an excuse to go shopping for a new bag for your labor gear).
Your baby's intestines have accumulated a considerable amount of meconium (the code name for black, tar-like baby poop), which is usually eliminated shortly after birth and gives you your first experience with the 100-wipe diaper change. Here's what else is up:
Your baby might just scratch herself in the womb as the fingernails have grown over the fingertips now.
Baby's lungs continue to mature and his brain and nerve function are working better every day. The latter two will continue to mature until Junior is a teenager, at which point he'llknow it all (or at least he'll think she does).
June 2018
7 years ago
Tell Caleb that DeeDee is ready anytime he is!! love ya!
ReplyDelete