Pretty much from the moment Charlotte was born, I knew that I wanted to have a big party to celebrate her first birthday. Caleb had a big party for his first, and although it seems that sometimes a lot of things change between the first child and the second, I knew that we would have a LOT to celebrate once we hit that one-year mark. Plus, it didn't hurt that I turned the big 3-0 the day before Charlotte turned one!
I decided that I didn't want to do a theme, but just wanted to focus on the colors that were in the main fabric of her bedding my sister-in-law made. I created and printed the invitations myself (and always do for my kid's parties), and used a picture of that same fabric as the background of the invitations.
We hired a teenager to take pictures of the party. I wanted myself and my family to be able to enjoy the party instead of taking pictures, but also knew that I wanted lots of shots of the big day! She did a great job and is to thank for the great quality of most of the pictures below.
I made a lot of the decorations myself and thought it turned out really cute. Here are the mason jars and paper straws and straw flags ...
and her ONE highchair banner that I made.
I also made a fabric strip banner, and then clipped on lots of snapshots from the year with some clothespins.
For favors, I did small clay pots with flower seeds to plant, and then chocolate covered sunflower seeds to eat. The favor tags said "Thanks for coming, we hope to see you again soon, think of me while watching this bloom".
My good friend Emily, who owns Louise's Cakes and Things here in town, made all the desserts and most of the food. We had three different cakes, this chocolate one...
This strawberry one ...
And of course, Charlotte's smash cake!We also had delicious sandwich cookies ...
And cake pops and marshmallow pops!
Overall, I was really pleased with how the decorations and food turned out. It was perfect to celebrate our beautiful girl!
More to follow soon ....















No comments:
Post a Comment